Since the H1B bills have been so successful in keeping Tech Salaries down, now Congress wants to limit the low end of the salary curve by creating a "Guest Workers Program". Congress wants to be able to import all the labor needed to keep salaries at or below the minimum wage. We are to believe that this is good for both these "Guest Workers" and the American Public. And anyone who is against this bill is an Anti-Immigration, Anti-American, Bigot.
Well count me as one of those against this Bill, but I not Anti-Immigration, Anti-American or a Bigot. I just want the law to be the law, and what is fair to be fair.
I'm not Anti-Immigration, if we need more workers open up the number of legal immigrants to whatever figure is really needed. Don't create a slave class of workers that don't have full legal rights and expect it to stay that way.
I'm not Anti-American, I support the Rule Of Law. America, as any nation as the right to regulate its borders, if I sneak into Mexico, I expect to go to jail, not be given scholarship to the closest School or University. Mexico as any country, will in fact put any Americans that sneak into Mexico in jail if they catch them.
The supporters of the the current bill say that today's illegal aliens are hurting anyone. I say, tell that to the thousands of people in foreign countries waiting in line for years to get into America legally. If the illegals weren't in the U.S. and there really is labor shortage, you can bet the number of legal immigrants would have been increased long ago.
America, needs to be fair to everyone, it is not fair that Mexicans get preferential treatment because of there proximity to the U.S. and their willingness to break our laws. And the undeniable truth is the illegal aliens are breaking our laws by being here.
Here is what needs to be done, if Congress wants to get a bill through.
- Close the border for real and by whatever means necessary, if it takes troops, it takes troops.
- Increase the number of legal immigrants allowed per year to whatever number is really needed by the economy, and review that number annually. Take those waiting legally on the list first, before anyone else.
- Make real penalties for employers hiring illegals, make it unprofitable to employ illegals.
- Allow current illegals to return to their home countries and apply for legal admission, without any penalties.
- Don't create a "Guest Worker Class" and expect it to stay that way in our legal System.
Take a look at what is in the news today, What America Owes its "Illegals" and Against Know-Nothingism. Sphere: Related Content